Ahhh, August!
The month that nobody cares about.

August is such a bizarre month. School starts back, fall items start showing up in stores, and all the white girls some people start looking forward to ALL THINGS PUMPKIN SPICE.
By the time August rolls around, everyone is sick of sweating from every single crevice on his or her body and is ready for cooler temps (i.e. "sweater weather.")







But, if you've been blessed to live in the South, you know that Sweater Weather won't really happen until November (and it will drop to 35 degrees over night with absolutely no warning.)
So, here are a few pieces that I hope to be adding to my closet this August. 
I think they will transition beautifully into fall. 
Keep scrolling to check them out!





I'm really digging kimonos these days!
They're like cardigans but lighter and fabulous!
I feel like Cher when I wear them, and that's just the best feeling.
Wear them over a cami or even a graphic tee.
Throw on your favorite jeans too (skinny or flare leg for an extra 70s vibe), and you've got a great casual look.





There's just something so chic about tortoise shell jewelry.
It easily adds a statement to a simple outfit, and the brown design compliments all of the colors that are so popular in the fall.
Get your tortoise fix in a statement necklace, watch, fun earrings, or even a pair of oversized sunglasses!





I love a good, structured jacket.
This particular sueded Moto jacket comes in a few other colors and will add edge to all of your outfits this fall.
Also, it's rather flexible. I tried on both my normal size medium and a small and will get the small if I buy one.
But whatever Moto jacket you get, whether it be sueded, leather, or metallic (yes, I've seen some), pair it with something feminine like a t-shirt dress or ruffles or lace to soften it up a bit.
This will be a great addition to your fall wardrobe!





The perfect blend of summer and fall




I remember seeing Gisele Bundchen rocking some amazing gold hoops in a magazine ad when I was in high school.
I immediately went out and bought some large gold hoops, and since then, I've always had a pair in my jewelry collection.
I recently broke my current pair, so I'm in the market.
This pack has 3 sizes and design variations and is under $20.
Where do I sign?





A simple cami can really work wonders.
Layer it, wear it alone, pair it with jeans, pair it with skirts.
The options really are endless.
I love this sage color for fall, but this cami also comes in a few other fall friendly colors.
Not sure which color to go fo??
You can never go wrong with white.





These are fabulous!
I only wish I could decide which color I liked most. (#thestruggle)
These would obviously look amazing with skinny jeans or flare leg jeans, but I can also see them in the work place pair with a pair of wide leg pants or chic midi dress/skirt





A light weight top layer to get you through those early autumn days (and have you feeling like Pocahontas).
Score!





Pesky pop-up showers don't stand a chance.
These booties are just too much.
They're so cute and easy on the wallet!
They also come in a variety of other patterns, so I'm sure one will tickle your fancy.





The Chambray Shirt...
<3
One of the most versatile and classic pieces of clothing.
Wear it now with white and the bright summer colors, then effortlessly shift it into fall mode by pairing it with olive, rust, black, etc. Throw in some leopard print or plaid accessories, and omg you are an Autumn Princess!!!
Take it right on into winter too by layering it under your cable knit sweaters. 
Like I said, <3 <3 <3.
I suggest buying your favorite chambray shirt in a couple of different washes (if available), and wearing them over and over all year long!



What are your favorite summer to fall transitional pieces?
Let me know in the comments section below!

XOXO,
Abby



shop the post



*I receive a small commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post.
However, I simply promote the brands and products that I love, and all opinions are my own.*