This past summer, Greg and I took a quick anniversary getaway to Sulfur Ridge, Tennessee's First Luxury Treehouse, that just so happens to be right in our back yard. Our longtime friends and photographers, Zach and Sarah, offered to come out and take some photos for us because they knew the scenery at Sulfur Ridge was so gorgeous. 

When I got our photos back in late summer, I started thinking about hanging a gallery wall. Although I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to execute the project quite yet, I was 100% sure that I'd be ordering my prints from Mpix


Zach and Sarah took my senior pictures (when they were just getting started with what is now a booming business). They also took our wedding photos and basically every other picture of us that isn't taken on an iPhone. From the very beginning, Zach always told me that if I was going to print any of these professional images to do so using Mpix. 

After my first order, I was hooked! The quality of even just a simple 4x6 is unmatched! I've also ordered a canvas of one of our wedding photos that is lovely. Mpix offers all kinds of different wall art options, and they even print holiday cards and wedding invitations! There are also tons of gift ideas on their website, all of which would make thoughtful and unique Christmas presents. 

And to help with any holiday shopping you might be doing, you can use code abbylish2519 for 25% off an Mpix order now through November 30th! 

The end result!

On another note, hanging a gallery wall is NOT for the faint of heart. I initially bought cheap frames with poor hanging hardware and struggled to even get them on the wall. Three broken frames later, I returned what I hadn't ruined and started over with these frames from Target. They were a little bit more expensive but came with sawtooth hangers which are much more forgiving for a girl like me (a.k.a. not handy at all). 

A few days and about thirty nail holes later, the frames are up and (mostly) symmetrical! I'm really pleased with the way it all turned out even though it was quite the labor of love (emphasis on labor). 

Again, I don't think it would near as eye catching if I hadn't ordered my prints from Mpix. 


Now that all the hard work is done, I can just sit, stare, and admire my beautiful gallery wall. That is until I get a wild hair for some other project...

What's been one of your most favorite home/DIY projects you've completed?
Let me know in the comments section below!



shop the post



This post was created in collaboration with MPIX.
The discount code provided  is valid for one use per customer, cannot be combined with other offers (except free Standard shipping on orders of $35 or more after discounts are applied), cannot be used towards the purchase of E-Gift Codes, and expires on November 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Central).
I receive a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
However, I simply promote the brands and products that I love, and all opinions are my own.