Outfit Details

Is there anything more versatile than a shirt dress?
Ok, that was a bit dramatic. Lots of things are more versatile, but I love a good shirtdress anyway. 
I feel like I've probably had some form of a shirt dress in my closet for the past 10 years. They just never seem to go out of style.




This particular moss green one from Old Navy is my jam right now. It will transition seamlessly into fall and winter because it can be styled SO many ways.
Here are a few of my favorite ways to wear it.







1. Layer Up!

Throw on a sweater over your shirt dress and some sparkly booties, and you're ready for all things holiday!
I chose a green sweater (from Loft last year) for a monochromatic vibe, but you could easily layer a contrasting colored or even a patterned sweater for just a just as adorable look.










2. Leopard Accessories

Ok, leopard is (and always will be) a neutral to me.
And, it looks especially great with the green shade of this dress.
But no matter the color or your favorite shirt dress (black, pink, denim, cream, red, gray, brown...), I'm sure leopard print will look great with it.
Try it in the form of booties, a belt, scarf, or purse!







3. Plaid + Over the Knee Boots

This might be my favorite way to style this dress.
I see this particular look on repeat in the very near future.
If OTK boots aren't for you, pair it with regular riding boots.
Camel colored or black would both be great options!
Add your favorite plaid scarf, and you're ready to roll!





Peep that fine InstaHusband in my shades. 💕



4. Belted

Effortlessly accentuate your waist line and change the look of a shift style dress by adding a belt!
This is a great way to style it during these warmer days before fall actually gets here (no matter how hard we wish for it).
Depending on the shoes you pair with it, and your office's dress code, this look could easily be worn to work too.









How do you like to style your favorite shirt dress?
Let me know in the comments section below!

XOXO,
Abby



shop the post


*I receive a small commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post.
However, I simply promote the brands and products that I love, and all opinions are my own.*