It's that time again!! Haul out the holly, and buckle up, because it's gift guide season! And, to kick it all off, I'm sharing some of my favorite gift ideas for kids. Now, this gift guide has a broad range of gift ideas for children of all ages. Be sure to check out my Gifts for Kids tab on the blog to get even more ideas. 






If you're like me, you have children of many ages in your circle that you're buying for. This year, I'm planning on giving gifts to kiddos ranging from age 1 to 21 (ok, so 21 is an adult, but I still view her as my baby cousin). Like I said last year, it can be challenging to find the perfect gift for someone who (1) is in a completely different life stage than you and (2) isn't even your own kid. I still stand by the ideas that gift cards never hurt anyone, toys without batteries get you brownie points with parents, and gifts for infants should actually be gifts for the parents. However,  a new tip I've learned in the last year is the Four Gift Rule. 

My sister has two children now, and on her first Christmas as a mother she realized just how overwhelming the pressures of giving your kids the "best Christmas ever" each and every year can be. She read about the Four Gift Rule which suggests giving your kids something they want, something they need, something to wear, and something to read, and it's really helped guide her shopping these last few years. Now, as the self proclaimed "cool aunt," I sometimes have to stop myself from buying my nieces and nephews excessive amounts of gifts. So, I try to just pick out one or two items and make sure they fit into one of those Four Gift categories. However, most of my gifts usually fit into the "something they want" category because, again, I'm the cool aunt. 😎

Cool Aunt Abby doling out gifts 


Matching vest I gave to my niece, Harper, last year!
It was found in debris from the tornado this Spring! 👏👏👏


Happy shopping!

XOXO, 

Abby 



*I receive a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.

However, I simply promote the brands and products that I love, and all opinions are my own.*