Summer is just around the corner!
Let's be real, it's already summer here in Tennessee.
And, it basically went from 35 to 85 overnight.


The following are some of my favorite summer staples that I live in all season long.
They are items that I currently own, have owned in previous summers, and will probably continue to buy and own for all summers ever. They are classic pieces that make those warm, humid days much more manageable and will probably never go out of style.

Each piece can be styled in so many different ways and get years of use!
Below is just a few different looks I styled using these 9 basic items.
Keep scrolling to check them out and read why they're great go-to pieces to add to your closet!

Tee / Shorts / Sandals / Similar Hat


Dress / Bag / Sandals / Sunnies / Earrings


Tank / Shorts / Sandals / Sunnies / Earrings / Similar Hat




Tee / Shorts / Sandals / Sunnies / Necklace


Tank / Pants / Bag / Sandals / Sunnies / Earrings


1. Denim Shorts
I love a good pair of denim cutoffs, but a clean, cuffed pair also looks great too.
Who says you can't get both?

2. White Shorts
I love the classic, clean look of white.
There's something so fun about the idea of breaking out your "summer whites" each year.

3. Neutral Sandal
Ok, I probably have too many nude sandals (I have a problem).
Probably one pair of flats and one pair of heels will do.

4. Easy Tee(or 2)
I personally love v-neck styles, but choose your favorites and wear the heck out of 'em!
I even like just a basic white tee paired with denim. So classic!
And, of course, I have a few striped options as well.

5. Breezy Dress
There are SO many different styles of dresses out there these days that it's almost overwhelming.
I lean towards swing dresses and flowy maxi dresses. Ain't nobody got time for body hugging fabrics during a humid, TN summer.
*Note: If you can't stand for those real-woman-thighs to rub together under your dresses, try these!
Pick your favorite sun dress and enjoy wearing it all summer long!

6. Straw Hat
I bought a straw panama hat last year at Walmart for $8, and I LOVE it! It's not available anymore, but I've linked a lot of other cute options below. Straw fedoras, sunhats, and boaters are also adorable choices for summer! Not only will they add a fun element to your outfit, but they're a great way to cover up a bad hair day and shade your beautiful skin from the sun.

7. Aviators
Whether you buy a deisgner pair or knock offs, you can't beat a good pair of aviators.
The style is just so classic and summery!
I ALWAYS lose or break sunglasses that I pay more than $5 for, so I'll probably be bargain hunting for my aviators.

8. Linen Pants
I have a pair of white linen pants that I bought from Old Navy last year. Other than the fact that I always seem to be wearing them when it comes a downpour (why??), they are one of my best purchases! Even loose fitting, wide leg linen pants can make any outfit look more "put together" all without making you feel like you've entered the 7th level of hell while keeping you nice and cool. They're a great comfy piece that can easily be dressed up or down and take you from day to night seamlessly.

9. Straw Tote
Fun straw totes are definitely on trend this year, but the good news is that they never really go out of style! Straw bags are beachy and functional and are perfect for all of your summer toting.


Like I said before, all of these items are classic pieces that shouldn't go out of style anytime soon. So don't be afraid to maybe spend a little more money to invest in these items. If you're on a budget and/or like to get new pieces each season, keep it cheap! If you choose the right retailers, you could probably buy everything on this list for $100 or less!
What are your favorite summer staples?
Let me know in the comments section below!

XOXO,
Abby

shop the look
*I receive a small commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post.
However, I simply promote the brands and products that I love, and all opinions are my own.*