Ahhhh, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. A craze that suddenly fills your Instagram feed with bloggers and shopaholics sharing faux fur coats, chunky sweaters, and suede boots in the DEAD of summer. I've only been shopping the N-Sale for the past two years, and I have to be honest, it's a little anxiety inducing. It's completely counterintuitive to be buying fall/winter items when temps will remain in the 80s (at least in Tennessee) well into October. And, like I said last year, "I hate that the power of influence makes you feel like you're missing out if you don't buy seventeen cowl neck sweaters just to put them away in your closet until December." 


Topshop flare legs jeans were an N-Sale purchase from 2018.
Also, took this photo in August. V Sweaty here. 😰


Steve Madden OTK boots were also a 2018 purchase.
Worn these babies a lot! New version out this year. 


Finally jumped on the Spanx leggings bandwagon last year.
I like to wear them with oversized sweaters and boots or make them more "athlesiure" by wearing them with sneakers, a tunic, and vest. 


 Even at the sale prices, I still find most N-Sale items I'm interested in to be splurges, so I plan on sticking to some advice I heard last year: To avoid overspending, feeling overwhelmed and wondering why the heck you bought so much stuff you truly don't need, focus on only purchasing two to three items you are really loving. And remember, nothing from the N-Sale is worth going into debt over!!! I cannot stress enough that most items you see in the N-Sale will be similarly recreated at cheaper prices by other retailers later in the season. 

Last year I only bought two things and ended up returning one. The year before, I bought two items as well. While I've scoured the entire Sale Preview online, I plan on only purchasing the following pieces this year.


1. Barefoot Dreams Cardigan - $67 / Originally $114


I wanted to buy a Barefoot Dreams cardi lsat year, but I'm glad I didn't. I wasn't totally sold on the style of last year's versions (not to mention the high price tag). Like the Spanx faux leather leggings that I purchased last year, I'm honestly just interested to see if this sweater lives up to the hype. *Side note: the Spanx leggings were a hit. 


2. Patagonia Vest - $70 / Originally $100


I LOVE a good vest situation in the winter months. If you have any winter/holiday sightseeing plans, a nice vest is the way to go in my opinion. *Taking a moment to weep over the fact that we aren't going to NYC in December like we hoped.* 




If I do end up purchasing these, it will be the first time I've ever bought anything other than clothes from the Nordstrom Sale. The N-Sale offers several discounted handbags, accessories, make up products, and home goods. Fellow Cookeville local and beauty blogger, Shelbey Wilson (whose videos have greatly improved my limited make up skills), raves about the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks. I'm excited to try out this trio!



A Few More Tips

As they do every year, Nordstrom credit card holders have the opportunity to shop the Anniversary Sale first. Your cardholder status  (Icon, Ambassador, Influencer, or Insider) determines the dates when you're allowed to shop. To all of those who don't plan on paying with a Nordstrom Card (🙋), Public Access to the sale begins on August 19th and goes until August 30th. 


Historically, Nordstrom restocks some items that have sold out during Early Access. However, this cannot be guaranteed. Again, I'm not telling you to sign up for a Nordstrom Card by any means. Remember, if what you want doesn't get restocked, it probably wasn't meant to be! And, you will most likely find something similar later in the season.

Be sure to check out the N-Sale Tab I've created with all of my favorite sale picks this year!

Also, if you love something I've recommended and take the time to shop through one of the links that I share, I get a small commission from Nordstrom! Taking the extra steps to ensure you're using my links means the world to me and helps me keep Abbylish up and running. 

Best of luck in all of your sale shopping endeavors! Can't wait to see how good we all look in the fall. Fingers crossed we can actually go places then! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 But seriously....

Lots of love!

XOXO, 
Abby



More Sale Items I'm Loving




*I receive a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
However, I simply promote the brands and products that I love, and all opinions are my own.*