Hi, everyone! It finally feels like Spring around these parts! 

Reflecting back on the whiplash that I got from this Tennessee weather has me thinking about some of the spring staples that got me through those "35 degrees in the morning and 75 degrees by noon" days (eye rolling emoji).

Also, my sweet sister suggested that I do a blog post about wardrobe basics. I have to admit that, even though I'm a shopaholic and tend to shop with the trends, when I first heard about "capsule wardrobes" a couple of years ago, I was intrigued. There is something so refreshing about decluttering and simplifying your life! And, if you're truly honest with yourself, you probably wear the same things (your favorites) over and over each season until you get new favorites. I know I do!

So with that in mind, I've decided to share with you my spring favorites that I wore repeatedly this spring (and last spring and probably next spring). They're great basics because they're classic and cute on their own, but they can all be styled together to create endless outfit options!

Here's just a couple of the outfit ideas that I styled from the 10 pieces below. Just add your favorite accessories (or not) and you're good to go!

*Side Note:
Took the following photos on a rainy day (again with that Tennessee weather!), so the lighting isn't quite what I wanted it to be, but you get the picture.
Pun very intended. 












1. Denim Jacket
A good denim jacket will carry you through many a season and many a year. The "in" color and wash may change, but the denim jacket will never die (at least I hope not). 


2. Military Jacket
Something about olive green just speaks "spring" to me. And, the more masculine, structured style of a field jacket adds interest and balance when paired with the more feminine spring trends (florals, pastels, etc.).

3. Basic Tee
A couple of years ago, I purchased a relaxed, gray, v-neck tee from Old Navy. I think I just bought it because it was part of a deal like "Buy 2, get 1 free."
I didn't realize it at the time, but let me just tell ya, I love that tee! I have almost worn it out.
I wear it all. the. time.
It's the one in these photos!
It layers well and looks great by itself with some denim shorts in the summer.
You don't have to get gray or v-neck.
Get your favorite style and color (it can even be white!) and wear the heck out of it!
The point: you can't go wrong with a basic tee. 


4. Striped Top
Stripes...the love of my life.
It's almost comical how many striped shirts I have in my closet.
What's even funnier is how many of them are black and white stripes. 
I have a problem. I admit it.
But they're NOT the same. They're similar. (This last statement directed mainly at my husband).
Anyway, get you a striped top, girl!
Black and white is my favorite, but navy and white is also a great combo for spring. It can be as basic as a tee or a light weight sweater,  or you can choose one with some fun detail.
Either way, a striped top is classic and feels nautical, and ultimately, is perfect for spring!


5. Olive Colored Jeans
These were my favorite purchase this past spring!
I chose a distressed option, but any variety will do. 


6. White Jeans
You can't get any more classy than a pair of white jeans.
Just don't wear them to a Grown Up Egg Hunt at a winery.
NOT my best choice. 


7. Neutral Sandal
So I have about seven pairs of neutral sandals.
Ok, not really, but I have a few.
However, you can just have one pair like a normal person, and it will get you through a lot!


8. Solid Sweatshirt
Ok, this might actually be my favorite spring purchase.
I bought this $22 sweatshirt in two colors.
So soft. So cozy.
A great layering piece for those cold mornings that turn into warm afternoons and then back into cold evenings.
It's also great for traveling and general couch laying, snuggling, and laziness. 


9. Leopard Slip Ons
So, I actually bought my leopard sneakers at least three years ago so they're no longer in stock.
But, good news is that this style of shoe is still really popular, and lots of retailers offer similar options!
Whoever decided that leopard is now a neutral/basic is amazing, and I would vote for them for President. 


10. Classic Skirt
Choose your favorite style, pattern, and color.
Just make sure you can wear it with more than one thing!

.
Hope you enjoyed the looks I created with my spring favorites.
Let me know what you think in the comments section below, and throw out some of your favorite spring basics too!

XOXO,
Abby




shop the look
*I receive a small commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post.
However, I simply promote the brands and products that I love, and all opinions are my own!*