I have always found that dressing for these "in between" seasons can be so difficult. It's technically Spring, but temps are still in the sub arctic range mid 40s some days, so what's a girl to wear??


This whole concept of dressing for the season and the weather really developed when I was in college. I attended Lipscomb University in Nashville, TN. I'm a Tennessee girl myself, so I knew what to expect with the weather. However, some students were from up north where a balmy 45 degrees apparently constitutes Daisy Dukes and sandals. Others were just down right confused and still wearing their felt floppy hats in May. 

There was just a lot going on. 😳

So if you're like me and want to dress appropriately for both the season and the actual weather, here's just a few of the tips that I've come up with over the years.

To dress for spring when it still feels like winter, fill your closet with:

1. Bright Colors
Keep rocking your coziest sweaters and cardigans, but buy them in them in bright colors! This doesn't have to mean neon (unless that's your style). You can brighten up your wardrobe with pretty olive greens, rosy pinks, and pastels too.








2. Whites


Jacket / Sweater / Jeans / Booties

Replace all of the dark colors that you've been wearing all winter long with all things light and white! And don't be afraid to create a chic, monochromatic look by pairing white jeans with a cream sweater. Add a tan trench or light wash denim jacket and head out the door in your classy and warm Spring outfit.








3. Florals
Ok, this one is pretty obvious. Floral prints just scream Spring. Florals aren't your thing? Well, what's wrong with you?? That's fine! Try some other fun patterns like stripes, gingham, or animal prints (snakeskin is really in this Spring). Maybe even mix a few of those patterns together and see how it makes you feel.






In the end, you can really wear whatever you want. I'm not the fashion police. Sometimes it's just downright frigid and you have to break out your fur lined parka in the middle of April. Who cares? I'd choose warmth over style any day. 
But on those sunny, Spring days when there's still a nip in the air, I hope these tips help you decide what to wear!

I plan on doing another one of these posts in the Fall: "How to Dress for Fall when It Still Feels Like the 7th Level of Hell Summer." This is a topic I'm especially passionate about because like any BWG, I'm obsessed with Fall. Yet, down here in sweet TN, it stays 105 degrees until November.
So sad. 

So stay tuned for that!

What way do you dress for Spring when it's still chilly outside? Let me know in the comments section below!

XOXO,
Abby



shop the post




*I receive a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
However, I simply promote the brands and products that I love, and all opinions are my own.*